Date : before 1904 (undisclosed back of the card)
Publisher : H. Guy
Printer : collotype A. Breger Frères, Paris
Collection : Daniel NAUD
The original fortified Chalon gate , all that remained of the city ramparts was destroyed in the 18th century. It was then replaced by an archway flanked by two square pavilions with a balustrade around the roof.
Numerous advertisements can be seen pasted on the walls and covering the notices (houses or grounds to be sold, bids ...).
Nowadays, both pavilions are used to accommodate services. The one on the right, looking from the avenue, is named after Yves SAURAIS (1927-1989), veterinary doctor. It is occupied by the Tourist office.